Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Remembering the World Trade Center and Feeling like a Failure!

Journal Entry from September 11, 2009 Okay it has been a while. We once again have had another month of failed attempts, but we are not ready to give up. Joe and I both believe that everything happens for a reason and when it is God's will it will happen. I have to admit that it is very frustrating. When you grow up in a small down and you are married for a little while people start asking "When you going to have kids?" My heart tears a little bit each time I have to say "Hopefully one day soon" and I am always torn because I do not know if that is a reality. The truth is no one really knows the depth of my pain, other than Joe, and if you have never dealt with infertility you never will. Our 10 year class reunion is September 18 and part of it includes a "family brunch" in the park. We obviously don't have kids and I am not sure I am strong enough to sit back and look at everyone else's "successes" when we have had so many failed attempts. We probably won't attend the 'family' part of the reunion because it is just awkward being around other people's families when that is all you have every really wanted for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment